Good environmental citizens learn!
- Trees are as important as food and water
- Our environment is everywhere and belongs to everyone
- What we buy and eat affect our Earth
- Water conservation
- Earth-healthy ways to raise food
- Our global inter-dependence
- KID POWER!
The KEC Partnership Commitment
Membership in the KEC is free. New members fill out and sign their commitment promising to do at least one good ecological deed every day until the year 2012. Each new member helps create the critical mass of people necessary to make Environmental Harmony a reality. Start with one or all of the following, everyday.
- Remove and properly dispose of a piece of someone else’s trash
- Recycle one piece of plastic
- Use 2 inches of water to brush your teeth
- Take a short, smart shower
- Turn off lights when leaving a room
Or Do 10% more than you’re already doing
Kids take a leadership role!
- Learn skills to be a KEC environmental presenter, mentor, and facilitator
- Supporting school recycling programs and ecology clubs, receiving community service credits
Offering Kids Useful and Fun Challenges
- Working on intergenerational neighborhood renewal projects
- Studying geographic information systems (GIS) and other occupational technology
- Learning entrepreneurial skills and managing varied interests
- Inspiring family, friends and others to rethink, reduce, renew, reuse and recycle
Do you want to become a Kids Ecology Corps member?
It is free and requires just two steps. First, You must choose to do 10% more for
the environment or use 10% less of the earth’s resources.