About the Project:
The Snyder Park Restoration Project is a program of Kids Ecology Corps in partnership with the City ofFort Lauderdale. Snyder Park is an urban forest and part of the Eastern United States Flyway zone that is visited by a variety of migratory birds. These migratory birds depend on the native plant and tree species inSnyder Park for shelter and food, and over the years the numbers of Florida Natives have decreased significantly because the introduction of invasive exotic trees and plants. The goal of the Snyder Park Restoration Project is to involve the community and business partners in the restoration effort to remove overgrown exotic plant and trees. Please join us in our effort to restore Snyder Park and restore vital urban habitat.
Date: Saturday, September, 24 2011
Time: 9:00am until 12 noon.
Important Volunteer Information:
- Proper attire would be t-shirt and long pants
- No flip-flops. All volunteers should wear close-toed shoes.
- Due to the heat it is recommended all Volunteers wear hat, sunscreen, plus bring their own water and snack.
- Each participant MUST sign and turn-in release form
- All tools will be provided by Kids Ecology Corps.
Direction to Snyder Park
3299 SW 4th Ave. in Fort Lauderdale
Directions from I_95:
I-95 exit #25 going east to SW 4— right turn going south about ¼ mile on the right hand side
The park is on SW 4 AVE just south of SR 84, just north of the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and west of Federal Hwy
Link for release forms: